Hello, friends! I'd like to congratulate you all for making it through the month of January. High fives all around! We are getting ready to do some bathroom renovations in the coming weeks/months so this weekend our assignment is to pick out tile and finalize a couple of other choices, which could land anywhere on the spectrum between exhilarating and anxiety inducing for me. Wish me luck!
Here are a few gems to see you into the weekend:
- Wouldn't it be nice to just get a quick glimpse in a crystal ball, just to put some of those everyday worries to rest? Sometimes I just need a good reminder to just remember this:
- Meet the illustrator of all those great cake drawings on the Great British Bake-Off. What a cool gig!
- I missed this when it first came out but I had to share these six fairy tales for the modern woman that my friend Ellen (hi ellen!) posted about a while back. Hear, hear! (p.s. I just had to look it up: is it 'hear, hear' or 'here, here'? Answer: hear, hear.)
- Count me a fan of this origami airplane necklace. So pretty, especially in the long length!
- I was intrigued by this new research suggesting that doing 3 "Active 10"s might be healthier than 10,000 steps. Thoughts? (Confession: I kind of want it to be true.)
- Have you found the Accidentally Wes Anderson instagram account yet? Oh my GOODNESS--it's fabulous. Visually, it's spot-on and then on top of that they also give a quick + interesting write-up of the history of the building or scene. It makes me want to take a Wes-Anderson-themed world tour! Check them out here. (Thanks, Jenny F.B.)
- Finally, I sent Maddy this hang-in-there commiseration video clip earlier this week since she was having a string of days full of deadlines. Maybe you know someone who could identify with the sentiment, too?
Have a lovely first weekend of February! See you back here on Monday.