Welcome to the weekend! We've made it through 2/3 of January already so pat yourself on the back. (Confession: our undecorated Christmas tree is still there in front of the front window. Endings are hard.) Tomorrow is G's birthday and there will be barbecue, movies, a road trip, and pie. And maybe a festive Birthday Tree aglow in the front window?
But first, here are a few good gems to brighten your day:
- Driving home last night, the moon was the slenderest little fingernail of a crescent, did you see it? Reminded me of this image; I would love to frame it in a bedroom:
- This unearthed and oh-so-groovy John Denver video makes me want to go get a green ski suit!
- The "blindfolded empathy game that can only be solved when players learn to understand each other" has me intrigued. It's pricey but I can definitely get behind increasing empathy and understanding in the world.
- Utah friends, get thee to the event where Anne Lamott is speaking at Park City in early February. And if you go, give her a high five from me!
- A few weeks ago we made this delicious and easy crispy tortellini with peas and prosciutto recipe from Smitten Kitchen and it was a HIT. 15 minutes, start to finish. So good and so easy that Maddy took the recipe back to college with her.
- I'll never be mistaken for a beauty blogger but I do enjoy a good moisturizer and I've tried a LOT of them over the years. Lately I'm loving these: I've been really pleased with this CeraVe PM Ultra Lightweight Moisturizer--and the price is great! I also have lately been using this Kiehl's Nighttime Recovery Oil--it's a little pricier but the way it's going so far it'll last a long time. For daytime, I like Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream and switch off using that and good ole Oil of Olay. (Not sponsored, just sharing. And would love to know if you have a favorite I should try.)
- G and I are thinking of doing The Great Saunter this spring, the 32-mile urban hike around the shoreline that surrounds Manhattan. We can't make it on the official date of the Saunter this year so we figure we'll do it on our own (and maybe spread it over several days, too, haha). Anyone else tried this before? Maybe we can scout it out for a future Great Nest & Launch Saunter!
Have a terrific weekend! See you back here next week!